An affiliated partner of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI), the World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF) announces new Senators and International Partners of the Grand Assembly.
Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, Togo, UK, UAE and USA are now more connected with global investment markets.
WBAF is active now in 98 countries through 292 High Commissioners, Senators and International Partners.
Azerbaijan, Bangladesh, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Cameroon, Canada, Democratic Republic of the Congo, France, Germany, India, Indonesia, Lithuania, Malaysia, Mauritius, Mexico, Morocco, Netherlands, Nigeria, North Macedonia, Philippines, Portugal,Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Tanzania, Togo, UK, UAE and USA have joined the largest global angel investors forum of the world and will now be able to connect with the global angels market, which will open up splendid opportunities for the joining countries. Now local angel investors, academics, woman leaders, finance markets, innovation ecosystems and aspiring entrepreneurs of these 28 countries will have the opportunity to connect with global leaders in the same field.
The inclusion of these countries in WBAF provides a wide range of opportunities for start-ups, innovators and high growth businesses and opens doors for economic development.
Baybars Altuntas, Executive Chairman of the WBAF, says ‘It is rewarding to see that governments around the world have understood the importance of angel investment for boosting their economies. As an affiliated partner of the G20 Global Partnership for Financial Inclusion (GPFI), the World Business Angels Investment Forum (WBAF) is committed to collaborating globally to empower the economic development of the world by fostering innovative financial instruments for startups, scaleups, innovators, entrepreneurs and SMEs and to promoting gender equality and women’s participation in all sectors of the world economy. WBAF invites you to join our global efforts to ease access to finance, promote financial inclusion, and create more jobs and social justice’
- Akshay Shinde, Managing Partner at Ashwatth Investments, India
- Aleksandar Mastilovic, Director of Telecommunications at Communications Regulatory Agency of Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- Amit Sarkar, Managing Partner at Versari Advisors India LLP, India
- Elnaz Sarraf, Founder & CEO Roybi Robot | TIME Best Invention | CNBC World’s Most Promising Startup | Board Member of the Small Business Council USA, United States of America
- Grace Tolentino, Chairman of the Board of Boracay Beach , Philippines
- Guy G. Beaudry, President and Managing Partner of The Cabinet, Canada
- Hannah Subayi Kamuanga, Principal of the South Suez Capital, South Africa
- Ingrid Orozco, President of the Women International Trade (OWIT) I Young Leader of the Americas Initiative at the US Department of State, Mexico
- Justin Ho Guo Shun, Investor of The Philippine Stock Exchange, Inc. (PSE) , Philippines
- Kyle Hoedebecke, Angel Investor at The Aesthetic Medicine Platform TAMP Inc., United States of America
- Marco Soares, Managing Partner at the CORE Angels, Portugal
- Mario Diel, Founding Partner of IKAR Industries I Board Member Advisory Council Foreign Trade, Minister of Economy and Energy Northrhine Westfalia, Germany
- Natig Shirinzade, Advisor to the Minister I President of the Institute of Global Problems, Azerbaijan
- Paul Valery Lumumba, Director General of the AB Crowdfunding, Democratic Republic of the Congo
- Ritesh Jain, COO I Global Head of Digital Tech at HSBC, A member of the Harvard Business Review Advisory Council, UK
- Samir Idrissi Kassimy, President of the Morocco Business Angels Association, Morocco
- Varis Sayed, Chief Executive Officer of the Fincasa Capital, United Arab Emirates
- Wan Fara Ayu W Ahmad, Co-founder & CIO at Kanzun Ventures Management Sdn Bhd – VC, Malaysia
- Wendy Diamond, Investor at the TrustCircle I Founder of the Women’s Entrepreneurship Day (WED), United States of America
- Yolanda Díaz Villarrubia, Co-Founder of the WA4STEAM, Spain
- Adila Budullah, Director of Embrace Uniqueness, Mauritius
- Cassandra Carothers, Investor at the Upheaval Investments, USA
- Dmitry Babanov, CEO@Cartoshka Grow UP LLC. and Cartoshka Invest LLC., Lithuania
- Dr Nisha Kohli, Founder and Executive Director of the Nichefin Consulting, Singapore
- Ebere Akadiri, Founder and CEO of Rise and Lead, Netherlands
- Eduardo Lopez, CEO of Grupo Dúo I Brand Consultant, Mexico
- Fikri Syaryadi, Managing Director at the Antennae Capital Advisors, Indonesia
- Funda Ibraimi, Estimating Manager at Ecolog International, North Macedonia
- Habibou Djibo Amadou, Principal Risk Management Officer at the West African Development Bank, Togo
- Hind Ziane, Chief Executive Officer of the Génération politique , France
- Iddy John, Founder and CEO at Safari Wallet, Tanzania
- Mahedi Hasan Omi, VC Investment Analyst at Adventure Capital, Bangladesh
- Nishant Mehta, Vendor CA at the Citibank , India
- Olusoji Amusan, CEO of the Mo Glory , Nigeria
- Phumza Dyani, Chief Innovation Officer at the Pan African Chamber of Commerce, South Africa
- Sanville Moses, CEO at the Waymaker VentureSA, South Africa
- Seleu Kouengoua Reginald Hillary, Investment Analyst at the Mougano Invstment, Cameroon
- Sonto Mayise, Acting Chief Convention Bureau Officer at KZN Covention Bureau, South Africa
- Tajul Islam, Co-founder of the LegalSeba, Bangladesh
- Yugansh Chokra, Founder and CEO of ShopNani, India
The World Business Angels Investment Forum interacts with leaders in all areas of society — first and foremost in business and political spheres — to help assess needs and establish goals, bearing in mind that the public interest is of paramount importance. WBAF engages with a wide range of institutions — public and private, local and international, commercial and academic — to help shape the global agenda. WBAF holds that, with the participation of individuals and institutions from multiple sectors and from all parts of society, real progress can be achieved.
One way WBAF does this is through its partnership agreements and joint projects developed with international institutions. Until now, WBAF made agreements with International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), International Finance Corporation of the World Bank Group (IFC), London Stock Exchange Group (LSEG), International Science Parks Association(IASP), World Association of Investment Promotion Agencies (WAIPA), World Association of Free & Economic Zones (FEMOZA), World Association of Women Entrepreneurs (FMEZE), Latin America and the Caribbeans Angel Investors Federation (XCALA), African Business Angels Network (ABAN) and The Middle East Trade Association for Business Angels (MBAN).
WBAF also engages individuals and institutions through its High Commissioners, Senators and International Partners. Becoming a WBAF High Commissioner, Senator or International Partner involves embracing activities that are designed to serve the global community and WBAF members. By combining regular, small contributions from the many dynamic High Commissioners and Senators around the world, we all benefit from shared learning, better networks and increased exposure.
High Commissioner: One High Commissioner is appointed for each country.
Senator: An unlimited number of Senators can be appointed from a given country
Each High Commissioner and Senator will take a role in one of the many WBAF Committees: the Global Women Leaders Committee, the Academic Committee, the Innovation & Science Parks Committee, the Impact Investment Committee, the International Fintech Committee, the World Crowdfunding Committee, the Global Incubation Centers Committee, the Global Co-Working Spaces Committee, the Private Equity Committee, the Wealth Management Committee, the Banking Committee, the Start-ups Committee, the Scale-ups Committee, the Exits Committee, the ICO Committee, the Artificial Intelligence Committee and so on. For a complete list of committees, please contact WBAF headquarters.
To have an idea about the current High Commissioners and Senators, please visit the website below.
You can visit the following link to learn more about how to represent your country at the World Business Angels Investment Forum